Saturday, August 8, 2009

Past Blogs

I was rereading a few blogs that I had posted on my MySpace last year. I got so amused by them I thought I would share some of them.


Thursday, February 21, 2008
Tolerance...
What exactly is tolerance?


Merriam-Webster defines it as:



1: capacity to endure pain or hardship : endurance, fortitude, stamina
2 a: sympathy or indulgence for beliefs or practices differing from or conflicting with one's own b: the act of allowing something : toleration
3: the allowable deviation from a standard; especially : the range of variation permitted in maintaining a specified dimension in machining a piece4 a (1): the capacity of the body to endure or become less responsive to a substance (as a drug) or a physiological insult especially with repeated use or exposure tolerance to painkillers>; also : the immunological state marked by unresponsiveness to a specific antigen (2): relative capacity of an organism to grow or thrive when subjected to an unfavorable environmental factor b: the maximum amount of a pesticide residue that may lawfully remain on or in food

But what is tolerance really? I suppose it depends on WHO you are asking and WHEN they are being asked. I would believe that most people would lean more toward 1 more than any other choice. I know that it the first thing that enters my mind when thinking about the word. To be tolerant of someone...to endure the pain and hardship that they create and apply to our lives.

Next question...

How long must we "tolerate" situations? Who do we tolerate longer...family or friends, bosses or co-workers, the banker or the bill collector? Do we tolerate things for a little while and then quickly nip it in the bud or do we plug along in our lives and tolerate things until we die? And above all ... WHY do we tolerate people, places and/or things at all? Why do we feel the need to surround ourselves with things that we must tolerate in the first place? I am beginning to think that it may be our insecurities - the need to fit in, to be accepted and loved. Then again...it could be just that we "tolerate" because WE are accepting and love the thing being tolerated.

Tolerance...a deep feeling that seems to never go away.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Boys are stupid .... throw rocks at them


What do you tell your 13 year old when she has gotten her heart broken? How do you mend it? And most important ... how do you keep from beating the heart breaker with a stick???

My little baby has hit a growing pain. She had a boyfriend (or at least what you can call a boyfriend at the age of 13). He was a sweetheart. A total doll. His family took her places, he went places with us...yada yada yada. They were the best of friends. Several several months into the "relationship" (that's so funny to say) 7th grade drama crept in and took over! Little girl likes the boyfriend...little girl flirts with boyfriend...little girl starts rumors about her and boyfriend...other boy likes my dear daughter...helps other girl with her pursuit of boyfriend...short story...dear daughter dumps boyfriend due to heart wrenching rumors...boyfriend is upset...dear daughter cries...life goes on.

Here's where it gets interesting! Weeks later other boy asks dear daughter to "go out"...dear daughter says "you and ex-boyfriend are best buddies, would it be right to do? You MUST ask ex-boyfriend if it would be okay since you are friends and he was so hurt"...other boy asks...ex-boyfriend says is okay as long as you treat her right...now other boy is new boyfriend...ex-boyfriend starts "going out" with new girl...

Better still!!! Months later...ex-boyfriend gets dumped by new girlfriend...ex-boyfriend is upset...new boyfriend flirts with new girl, holds hands with new girl, gets caught...new boyfriend dumps dear daughter since she doesn't seem to trust him any more (she questioned him about holding hands with other girl in computer lab...posing trust issues for him)...dear daughter cries...ex-boyfriend is nice to dear daughter...dear daughter calls ex-boyfriend...they talk and talk and talk...ex-boyfriend is sooooo sweet and says ALL the right things...dear daughter and ex-boyfriend are going to talk more about "getting back together" after his class trip...ex-boyfriend calls on Monday morning to say bye and that he will be back on Tuesday evening...

...on Tuesday evening dear daughter gets call from several girl buddies...ex-boyfriend has NEW girlfriend...and it ain't dear daughter. DRAMA charges in and takes over! Tears...anger...more tears (some were mine shed for dear daughters pain).

I have NO idea what to do to ease her pain. I could beat ALL the boys that break her heart, but that would call for far tooo many beatings for me alone to handle. I held her...bought her large amounts of chocolate...cried with her...held her some more and told her that sometimes life hurts. That without the pain we could never appreciate the joyous times. That she is still young and that MR. RIGHT is a long way off from making an appearance and that she should just enjoy the fun that she has with her boy "friends". That she must kiss many a frog before she finds her prince. I hugged her...kissed her...and dried her tears...then I told her the only other piece of advice that I could muster...

I told her...

She is beautiful inside and out...

She is very precious to me...

And...

BOYS ARE STUPID...

THROW ROCKS AT THEM!

Friday, June 20, 2008
Enough ... that’s it ... you MUST stop !!!


I am not handling this very well. It's much harder than I expected it would be. I am not so sure that I can do this. I just might need some help. Better yet ... I will just tell them all to stop it, quit it right now, don't DO THAT any more. Do you think it would work???

Well, just in case it might ... here goes. Attention all of my children ... stop, quit and please just don't. Stop growing up. Quit growing up. Please don't continue to grow up. I just can't handle it.

I am so very proud of my kids. They are all gorgeous and intelligent. But they are growing up more and more every day which means that I am growing older and older ever day. They are growing further away from me and closer to their friends. They are spending less time in my lap and more time hanging out and chatting. Them having a life has caused me to realize that I DON'T HAVE ONE!!! They are my life and have been for nearly 18 years. I am missing them more and more each and every day. So all I know to do is to tell them that enough is enough.

I love my kids with my whole heart and soul. I know that I must learn to let go no matter how old it means that I am. That my greatest joy in life will come when they are grown and are living theirs. But I can't help but say one last time ... enough ... that's it ... you MUST stop!





No comments:

Post a Comment