Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Life List Update



Thankfully my bucket is still "un-kicked". I am blessed each and every day with the chance to complete a few more things on my Life List.  







So, out of 100 things on my Life List, I have completed 4. The first one completed was researching my family tree.  Since then I have tackled 3 more.  I have made bread from scratch (which made the house smell incredible), we bought a flat screen tv (and now we can't afford satellite thanks to Dave Ramsey), and we own a swimming pool (granted it is above ground & only 15 ft x 4 ft but it is a pool).  I really have to get busy with this thing. I suppose one of my items to-do should have been "complete something". I have got to keep myself focused. Goals are only good to have if you work toward them.


Here is my updated list:

  1. Attend a ballet
  2. Attend a spa
  3. Attend an opera
  4. Attend Mardi Gras in New Orleans
  5. Attend New Year’s Eve in Times Square
  6. Bake bread from scratch
  7. Build a Habitat for Humanity Home
  8. Build a house
  9. Buy a flat screen television
  10. Buy a new SLR Digital camera
  11. Buy a Sony E-Reader
  12. Buy something from a store on Rodeo Drive
  13. Complete my own quilt
  14. Cook my way through an entire cookbook
  15. Create a beautiful flower garden
  16. Create a coffee table book of my own photography
  17. Create a family cookbook
  18. Create a family memory book
  19. Create a gallery of photos that I took
  20. Create a sanctuary for myself
  21. Create a vision board
  22. Decorate every room in my house for Christmas
  23. Eat at Emeril’s in New Orleans
  24. Eat at five different 5-star restaurants in my state
  25. Eat Godiva chocolate
  26. Enter a writing competition
  27. Exercise for 20 minutes every day for an entire month
  28. Find a sand dollar at the ocean
  29. Find a starfish at the ocean
  30. Finish a DIY project
  31. Finish a New York Times crossword puzzle
  32. Fly in an airplane
  33. Get a manicure and a pedicure
  34. Get a reading from a psychic
  35. Get back to 140 lbs
  36. Go crabbing
  37. Go on a cruise
  38. Go rock climbing
  39. Go sailing
  40. Go scuba diving
  41. Go to the Kentucky Derby
  42. Go white water rafting
  43. Have a book published
  44. Have an email pen pal
  45. Invest in a stock
  46. Keep a journal for 365 consecutive days
  47. Learn a new skill
  48. Learn a new word everyday for a month
  49. Learn how to become more “green”
  50. Learn sign language
  51. Learn to knit
  52. Learn to say “hello” in 25 different languages
  53. Learn to speak a foreign language
  54. Learn Yoga
  55. Look for my family’s names on Parris Island
  56. Make handmade crafts for family for Christmas
  57. Make handmade pasta
  58. Make homemade candles
  59. Milk a cow
  60. Own a piece of art
  61. Own a swimming pool
  62. Own lakefront property
  63. Pay off debts
  64. Pick and cut down a Christmas tree
  65. Plant fruit trees
  66. Read all of Shakespeare’s plays
  67. Read all of the Harry Potter books
  68. Renew my wedding vows
  69. Rent a summer cottage for a month
  70. Research my family tree
  71. Ride in a hot air balloon
  72. Ride in a limousine
  73. See a live Alabama football game
  74. Shop at the World’s Largest Yard Sale
  75. Spend a night in an alleged haunted place
  76. Spend a weekend in Nantucket
  77. Spend an entire weekend with each of my kids individually
  78. Stay in a cabin in the mountains
  79. Swim with dolphins
  80. Take a picture of one object in each of the 4 seasons
  81. Take a surfing lesson
  82. Take a train ride
  83. Take an online course
  84. Take cake decorating classes
  85. Take my kids spelunking
  86. Take pictures on a safari
  87. Visit a vineyard
  88. Visit Coney Island
  89. Visit Mexico
  90. Visit my family in Germany
  91. Visit the Grand Canyon
  92. Visit the Louvre in Paris
  93. Visit Washington DC
  94. Walk 5 miles
  95. Watch a sunrise & sunset with my husband
  96. Watch all of the Lord of the Rings movies
  97. Watch every movie that Audrey Hepburn has ever made
  98. Win a writing competition
  99. Write a book
  100. Write letters of forgiveness

No comments:

Post a Comment